Thursday, July 7, 2011

Three Months flew by....

THEN
IMG_1838
NOW
First time wearing shoes IMG_5566




Today Emelia is three months old. I can't believe it, it's like those three months equal three years. She has changed and grown so much, I don't even remember what it was like before she was here. I am also back to work today, which it sad each morning leaving her. I had a conversation with her that she was not permitted to do anything developmental while I am working i.e. laughing, rolling over, sitting up, ect. She spends late mornings and afternoons with her Grandmothers, then Daddy when he finished work until I get home after dinner :(

If I am lucky when i get her in the mornings, she might smile and coo at me if she isn't already crying to eat breakfast haha. Last night, I put her down and she is woke up twice laughing and smiling to herself in the crib, in the dark haha. She is getting easier and easier to get to smile and laugh, usually any funny farting noise will do it haha.

On any given day, her favorite things to do are swing, swat and grab at her toys on her playmat, "swim" in the big bathtub and anything outside.

She has rolled over from her back to her belly once, and I can tell she is trying to do it again. She'll also hold her weight for about a minute now on her teeny legs. I don't know exactly how much she weighs currently, but its over ten pounds, double her birth weight of 5lbs 4 oz. She eats like a monster and is getting lots of little rolls on her legs.

She went on a mini road trip to upstate NY last weekend to see how she would do for a long period in the car, she did pretty good so we are looking forward to a relaxing week in the Outer Banks, NC with her in two weeks!

P.S. She is still advanced haha

Child's Age
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)

Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)

Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
3 monthsRecognizes your face and scentHolds head steady
Visually tracks moving objects
Squeals, gurgles, coos
Blows bubbles
Recognizes your voice
Does
mini-pushup
Rolls over, from tummy to back Turns toward loud sounds Can bring hands together, bats at toys

No comments:

Post a Comment