Sunday, January 22, 2012

Winter Update

Currently Emelia is enjoying a snack of puffs from her snack cup in the living room while I blog and Dad watches Supercross. We spent the morning taking a sunday drive through the Shawnee area because it snowed a decent amount and it was something to do. Emmy is weighing in at about 18 pounds now and measures 28.5" thats almost two inches in just over a month. The peanut has caught up and is on her way to bruiser. Some of her clothes are ruled out based solely on the fact that her big melon won't fit through the head opening any longer. Just about once a month now I go through the depressing process of packing up baby clothes that she grows out of. Emmy is quite the busy bee now a days, daily naps are about two per day max so most of the time is spent playing around. She reads through books now turning the page when prompted, her favorites are 5 Little Pumpkins and Hooray For Fish. There was a brief few days where she was sleeping through the night but that was quickly changed when a new round of teething plus a cold took over. Poor little miss has been battling a runny nose since New Years, this week she got some meds and I think she's kickin' it for good now. She is really starting to become super interactive, she waves, calls us Ma-Ma-Mom and Da-Da-Da almost every morning when we go into take her out of the crib. I taught her to high five which is hilarious and like I said she turns pages and recognizes the names of certain toys. She has now stopped snacking and is using her car seat as a jungle gym. She is quite a daredevil. Later today I plan to take her out to play in the snow and hopefully get some kind of family snow pic, we'll see how that goes since Emmy refuses to let me take a cool photo with my real camera of her.

Next on the agenda is figuring out her first birthday and what kind of baby friendly vacation we are going to try to do this year…...









photo 5.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment