
I had a great first mothers day weekend. It kicked off with a bang when my brother-in-law handed me my first gift, the new mortal combat video game for xbox haha. Now to most of you this might sound like the furthest thing from a thoughful gift for a new mom. WRONG. #1 I loved playing mortal combat as a kid, #2 Michael LISTENED and realized how many fun memories I had playing it #3 What better way to relieve new mom stress and anxiety then by smashing the brains out of a super human, 4 armed giant wearing a thong. Don't worry for all you traditionalists, I got many feminine gifts too. Some really pretty jewelry, dining out moneys, clothes, and my favorite a weeping blue atlas tree to plant. I think I came up with a pretty sweet idea to get something that grows each year so I can look back and remember it every time I look outside. I can't wait to get it planted, but like an idiot, I am over doing it. Instead of just planting it in the spot I planned, I first felt the need to build a second level in the flower bed and find all the rocks for it BY HAND in the stone row by our house. I am only half way done with this endeavor, and we all know how much free time I have now to be playing DIY guru extraordinaire.
Back to Mothers day, Mark went to get me some awesome coffee and a muffin for breakfast. Then i spent the first half hanging out with my family and kicking buttocks at croquet then the second with Mark's enjoying some good dinner. It was a really nice day, too bad my daughter slept through most of it haha.
Currently, Emelia is sleeping in her boppy pillow on our bed. We found out that she really likes to sleep inside the u-shape, so we have been carefully moving her around the house in it haha. She also had her first blow out today and soiled her crib sheet. I attribute this to her monster appetite, can't wait to see how much she has officially grown at her next check up.
No comments:
Post a Comment