Saturday, May 7, 2011

One Month

photo 5.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 1.JPG



I'm pretty sure Emmy is going for a record today on her one month birthday! She has been awake with the exception of about 20 mins since 9:30 this morning and its 1:15pm now. Obviously, her old age has bestowed some daytime energy on her. I hope this means that she plans on sleeping longer intervals tonight! It seems like she has turned into a hearty baby overnight from the skinny, little month early infant she was.

The other night, I noticed for the first time that she was intentially staring at me. Not just catching a glance, she was concentrating on my face. Eye contact feels so much better when you know its real haha.

She is moving around a lot more and much more vocal. She is very opinionated when it comes letting me know she still doesn't like being bathed, lotioned or having her diaper changed. There is also an extreme amount of grunting, growling and baby talking during the night even while shes dead asleep. Which brings me to my next announcement, SHE IS OFFICIALLY IN HER CRIB! She is such a noisy night-timer that it left me, her over-protective, hawk-eye mother, no choice but to move her loud butt into the nursery. It is working out better for all of us, we aren't waking each other up on our turns for changing and feeding in our room anymore. I think she prefers the crib mattress to all her other sleeping areas, and I don't wake up to every little noise she makes. I use the video monitor, which I recommend Summer Infant Sleek and Secure Handheld Color Video Monitor, its a little pricey but worth it. Its just like having her in the room with me except I can turn her down. There is night vision on the monitor too so I can still see if she spits up or loses a binky easily.

Currently, she is downstairs enjoying a visit from her cousin Livia, they have been working on tummy time together, getting their hands licked by my dogs, and cuddling in a swing. Emmy also congratulates her other cousins Shannon & Justin on their new addition, Damon who was born yesterday. If you want a baby, come drink the water at the DeLos, its contagious! 

I am celebrating my first mothers's day this weekend too! I already got my first gift, but I will leave all those details to the official first mothers day post which will come tomorrow night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment