Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Shots Shots Shots

This morning Emelia got her round of 2 month vaccinations. She took it like a champ and only cried for a quick second. Hopefully she doesn't get too grumpy or feel crappy later today. I hope she just sleeps it off. While at the doctors, she was weighed at 9.09 lbs and grew another inch an a half. Everything is going really well and she is doing great!

She had been cheating and been sleeping propped up in her boppy pillow at night for a while now since she decided she hated being flat. I decided she is too big and mobile now to do that since I found her half rolled out of it. Last night she did awesome sleeping flat again on her back in the crib like a safe little baby should haha.

This weekend is Father's day and Emmy has been hard at work getting things ready for her awesome dad. I'm not sure I have mentioned it yet, but Mark is an amazing dad. So helpful and hands on. We are lucky to have him and its clear Emelia will be a daddy's girl.

Child's Age
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)

Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)

Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)

2 monthsVocalizes: gurgles and coos
Follows objects across field of vision
Notices his hands
Holds head up for short periods
Smiles, laughs
Holds head at 45-degree angle
Makes smoother movements
Holds head steady
Can bear weight on legs
Lifts head and shoulders when lying on tummy (mini-pushup)
(We are still working on legit smiles and laughs but Emelia pretty much has all this covered )

No comments:

Post a Comment