Saturday, April 16, 2011

Emelia's first week

Emelia 1 Week & 2 days

The past week and a few days have been crazy. Most of my day is taken up changing diapers, feeding, pumping, burping and keeping a log of the times when I do all these things. I love it. Each night Emmy gets better and better with sleeping and eating. She went from getting up almost every hour, (so did mom just to peek at her), to 3-4 times a night and its getting easier. I have been less crazy with the flashlight as well. Her first couple nights home you could find me peering into the pack n play with a flashlight on her face to make sure she was still breathing.

I can't believe they let us go home with her. So far she likes being swaddled, having her hair brushed, laying on Mommy & Daddy and eating. She dislikes baths, being naked and over eating. Speaking of over eating, this morning she projectile vomited her lunch off the changing table. This was immediately following a bath, so it pretty much canceled out her fresh clean look.

Mark and I are getting better with our lack of sleep. I think I am dealing with it better then Daddy. I found Mark trying to throw his laundry away instead of putting in the laundry room. He also had a middle of the night moment where he was looking for Emelia under the covers of our bed and then started rocking an imaginary air baby. Its definitely been a week to remember! 

Currently, Emmy is sitting in her vibrating bouncy chair doing what she does best, sleeping.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment